Monday 14 August 2017

I Did It MY WAY

(with apologies to Mr Sinatra! )


or a woman of course!
here's the tune if you wish to sing along
(it sort of fits, you might have to lah lah lah a bit) 




And now, the end is near;
And so I face that final edit.
My friend, I'll say it clear,
I'll state my case, for which I must take credit. 

Rejects, I've had a few;
But then again, too many here to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

I planned each chaptered course;
Each careful step along the writing pathway,
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Yes, there were times, I'm sure you knew
When I bit off more than I could chew.
But through it all, when there was doubt,
I ate rejection up and spat it out.
I chose the font, and wrote the prose...
And did it ....my way!

I wrote, I laughed and cried.
I had my fill; my share of losing.
And now, as plots subside,
I find it all so amusing.

To think I did all that;
And may I say - not in a shy way,
Oh no, oh no not me,
I wrote it... my way!

For what is a book, what has it got?
If not mainstream, then it has not
To be set aside and be forgot!
Don’t lose the words … you have a choice
Find and use your indie voice. 


And write it your way! 






2 comments:

  1. I'm a Sinatra fan too! But one of the quotes reminded me of Donald Trump's "I have the best words!"

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/video/national/trump-i-have-the-best-words/2017/04/05/53a9ae4a-19fd-11e7-8598-9a99da559f9e_video.html?utm_term=.bd2e7b8c59f9

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the actual quote was: "I'm very highly educated. I know words, I know the best words. But there's no better word than stupid."

    You said it mate...

    ReplyDelete

We do not accept comments. If you need to contact Discovering Diamonds go to the CONTACT facility

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.