Wondering about submitting a novel to
for possible review?
'A good book is a good book whether it is indie or
'Is this book value for money?'
- we only accept e-versions that are suitable for a KINDLE device - mobi or professionally produced PDF/ARC files. We prefer a mobi format where possible as PDF files do not always upload well to a Kindle, and this could affect a potential review - or even result in rejection.
- important information: although epub or KPF files now have to be used to initially upload and PUBLISH a book via Amazon KDP, these files will NOT load to a Kindle device. If you wish to send a Kindle compatible copy to Discovering Diamonds [or any reviewer or friends and family!] you must continue to use a MOBI format version. If it isn't in a mobi or PDF format it will NOT load to a Kindle.
- We do not accept E-PUB files
- We do not accept links to book collection sites
- Send e-files to our submissions address, Submission.DDrevs@sent.com
PLEASE MARK THE SUBJECT LINE AS
YOUR BOOK TITLE AND THE AUTHOR's NAME
- We accept indie or traditionally published books of Historical Fiction of any sub-genre: i.e historical romance, thriller, timeslip etc. (‘Historical’ means at least 75% must be set pre 1970
- Send a final version e-file. All books must be published/about to be published and the version submitted has to be the final version, not a proof or intermediate edition. The only exceptions are PDF ARC (Advanced Review Copy) versions from established publishing houses. Incorrect formatting, too many typos/ errors in an unedited file etc., could result in your book being rejected without being read.
- We expect to receive, read, and review the same book as any reader who may potentially purchase the novel. Our criteria being: 'is this book well written, well presented and value for money'.
- We do not accept paperback or hardback copies. We do not accept gift cards or vouchers. We forward files to a trusted review team member so cannot use vouchers – if you send one it will NOT be returned and your book will not be reviewed.
- Not all books submitted will have a review published on Discovering Diamonds. You will be contacted if your book has been selected for review, but please allow up to at least three months – we have a lot of books and a small, but dedicated, review team.
- We reserve the right to not explain why a book has not been selected for review. Unless by choice of individual reviewers, further correspondence will not be entered into.
- Cover design will be taken into consideration - poorly designed covers do not reflect as a quality produced book.
- All e-files submitted to us will be deleted after being read. Beyond being sent to one of our review team they will not be forwarded, copied or used in any other way.
- We try our best to post a copy of the review, or a quote from it, on Amazon.co.uk and Goodreads. However, it cannot be guaranteed that Amazon will accept and publish a copy of your review. As we are UK-based Amazon.com will not accept our directly submitted comments.
- Books reviewed, where possible, will be mentioned on Twitter and Facebook on the day the review is posted.
- Novels that our reviewers consider to be of a 5*plus standard will be awarded 'Reviewer's Choice' status.
- Titles awarded Reviewer's Choice will be considered for longlisting to our Richard Tearle Discovering Diamonds Award. Only books submitted and consequently successfully reviewed will be eligible for this award. we do not accept entries direct for the award. Full information, terms & conditions : https://discoveringdiamonds.blogspot.com/p/awards.html
- You are welcome to use any quotes from your review as and how you wish, but please mention 'Reviewed by Discovering Diamonds'. You are also welcome to use the Discovering Diamonds logo/s awarded to your novel where and how you wish as they are ©free.
- Our Twitter hashtag is #DDRevs #DiscoveringDiamonds
- books reviewed will have buying links to Amazon.COM / .CO.UK / .CA / .AU and a link to Goodreads
Still interested in submitting your novel?
Send an e-file to our submission address
mark the subject line as the book title and author name
include in the text
* BOOK TITLE
* AUTHOR NAME
(if different from author name)
Thank you, we look forward to hearing from you