Friday 29 December 2017

Best Avalon Graphics Cover Award

Throughout the year Cathy Helms of Avalon Graphics, along with graphics designer, Tamian Wood, has very kindly judged our Cover of the Month (and Year) award. This has meant, however, that Cathy's historical fiction author clients have been exempt from the award - which is a shame, for Cathy and the authors, so... I asked Tamian to judge Cathy's covers for a separate  'Cover of the Year' Special Award.
(I have included my covers because Cathy's work deserves to be 'shown off' - but I've exempted myself from the award.)

The 'entries', in no particular order :
(Note: where no a 'Read the Review' link is shown Discovering Diamonds has not had the book submitted for review.)

runner up of the RONE cover design award for 2017
(as I'm also connected with this book
it's exempt from the award)

Read the review
Amazon UK Amazon US
Amazon CA
Amazon UK  Amazon US
Amazon CA
read the review
Read the Review
Amazon UK  Amazon US
Amazon CA
Amazon UK  Amazon US
Amazon CA
Amazon UK  Amazon US
Amazon CA
Amazon UK 
Amazon CA
Amazon UK  Amazon US
Amazon CA
Amazon UK  Amazon US
Amazon CA
Amazon UK  Amazon US
Amazon CA
available form the author

* * * 
My books
www.helenhollick.net

* * * 
And the Winner is:
Amazon UK  Amazon US
Amazon CA

Runner Up Honourable Mention


Amazon UK  Amazon US
Amazon CA

* * * 
For My Books, Tamian Chose

Winner

runner up
A huge thank you Tamian - and Cathy!

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations Cathy and thank you Tamian for undertaking such a difficult task with so many stunning examples to choose from! I was flitting from one to another trying to decide and I settled for 'The 9.45 To Bletchley' - but tomorrow i would probably pick a different one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely praise, Richard! I'm grateful to Tamian for undertaking this task as well - they are all like children to me, can't choose a favorite!

      Delete
    2. Interestingly Richard - I like that one too. I'll be buying it for my Kindle i think.

      Delete
  2. Thank you so very much to both Tamian and Helen for showcasing my historical fiction book cover designs! It is great fun to see what a fellow designer would select from my porfolio too. I'm blessed with so many wonderful clients in this business as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are most welcome Cathy. It was a tough call, but I just love the way you worked the elements of this cover together. The imagery has a menacing overtone, and the subtitle font is reminiscent of typewriters of the time. Or, could be I'm just a biased Francophile. C'est la vie! :-) Either way, wonderful design! Congratulations! And it has been a pleasure working with you this past year judging these covers. Thank you Helen for the opportunity. Looking forward to the next year of candidates.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have truly enjoyed collaborating with you on the monthly cover design contest all year as well - you are a staunch critic with an excellent eye for layout and design, Tamian, and I always value your thoughts and input on everything. We make a great team!

      Delete

We do not accept comments. If you need to contact Discovering Diamonds go to the CONTACT facility

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.